Our sweet baby girl is already one month old! :( I can't believe it. Time just goes by sooo dang fast when they're tiny!




• she smiled for real - not just a grin - for the first time on May 26th, at just 20 days old (: she has done it a few times since, & it is just the cutest little smile ever!
• she is VERY vocal. she is always grunting, squeeking, cooing... you name it. I have never heard a noisier newborn in my life!
• she is a mover. she is constantly kicking her legs & moving her arms around.
• she is still doing very well with nursing, she definitely likes to eat! she's getting some delicious little chub on her thighs, my fav! she still has her adorable double chin & I'm pretty sure she'll have more than that soon! ;)
• she sleeps pretty well at night. she'll sleep for 2-5 hours at a time, just wake up to eat, then go right back to sleep. the challenge is actually getting her to go to sleep at night, haha. she does, however, like to fight naps during the day most of the time. I guess there's just too much goin' on & she doesn't wanna miss it!
• she is VERY alert. she's always looking around with her big, wide eyes. everyone always comments on how alert she is... just like her brother (:
• she is definitely very spoiled & knows how to get her way already. if you're sitting down & she wants to get up & walk around, she will definitely let you know! the second you stand up, she's just fine. I wonder who she got her stubborn-ness from?! ;)
• she is officially out of newborn diapers... we switched to size 1 a few days ago. :( And she is barely hangin' on to newborn size clothes. it's really just because she's soo long, so she's really only growing out of them in length. this makes me sad, because Brans was in newborns for over 2 months :(
• she LOVES to be held. usually if she's not being held, she will let you know she is not happy about it. half the time when I put her down when she's sleeping, she will wake up & fuss until I pick her up, then she'll go right back to sleep. haha
• she loves the swing. (well, both of them :) & she likes the bouncer sometimes. luckily, she'll do good in it when I need to put her in it while I take a shower.
• she has a love/hate relationship with her binki. sometimes when I stick it in her mouth, she will get the most disgusted look on her face, stick her tongue out & gag herself. but once she realizes that she actually likes it, she will suck on it for quite a while!
• she loves her big brother (: she will just sit & stare at him forever. he is so sweet to her, too. he will rub her face, fix her headband when it falls in her eyes, talk to her - he always says 'hi pretty girl!' or he'll call her 'babe' cause he hears me say those things to her (: haha. when she's crying or fussy, he'll say 'it's o-tay!' & he'll always just randomly say 'hi, tais-ee!' I love love LOVE watching him with her. I was SO worried he would be jealous & end up not liking her after a few days, but he has been so good & just loves her to pieces (:
• she had a bottle of breast milk for the very first time tonight. we are still nursing, but I am starting to pump more so that I have milk for her if I ever have to leave her for any reason and I would really like to avoid formula completely if possible. anyways, she did really well with the bottle! it was only a little over half an ounce, but she drank it right down with no problem! she also went right back to nursing with no confusion.
• she holds her head like a pro!
• she loves to 'stand'. sometimes when I'm holding her, she will straighten her legs and fuss until I put her in the standing position. brans was JUST like that, except he didn't do it until about 2 1/2 months. it's so funny how alike they are (:
• she loves the car 99.9% of the time. she usually falls right to sleep the minute the car starts moving. but if we stop while she is awake, she is NOT happy! haha. she likes to be moving. she doesn't seem to hate her car seat, either. the only time she has ever cried when we put her in it, is if she was already really fussy or tired!
• she loves her baths. but she does not like getting lotion after, at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment