Only 1 more month until our silly little boy is TWO years old! Sounds crazy, I know... but it's true :(
• his favorite thing to say right now is 'Happy Birthday' I have NO idea why, but he says it alll the time. Sometimes I'll ask him, 'Who's birthday is it?' & he'll say 'Ash'
• he CAN say A-J of the alphabet, with no help. he has done it a few times, but sometimes he's a stinker & doesn't want to show off his skills ;)
• he will repeat numbers 1-10 after me, but can really only count to 3 on his own. he has done 1-5 once, but just that once.
•he's been sleeping a lot better. he still has some issues going right to sleep, but usually he will stay in his room at least.
-I think I have figured out WHY he has such a hard time going to sleep when we tell him to:
He used to take 2 naps a day - 1 around 10:30 am & 1 around 4 pm... both lasting about an hour each. A while ago, he stopped taking the 4pm one, so he was just having one nap in the morning, but it would last anywhere between 2-3 1/2 hours. Then, about 2 months ago, he stopped taking that one nap in the morning & would take it after we got home from babysitting, about 2:30-3 pm. Well since he's going down so late, he sleeps until about 6-7 pm. So when we put him down for bed, he's not quite tired yet. But he HAS to have a nap, or he is super grumpy & just plain unhappy. Hopefully we will have a fix to that problem soon (:
• he has been eating better! he still has his days where he doesn't eat much, but for the most part, he is eating more than usual at one sitting.
• he loves to 'hide, hide!' under a blanket, when either Ryan or I come home from somewhere.
• he saw a Red Robin commercial on TV one time, so now he loves to say 'Reddd Robin.... YUM!' One day when he was supposed to be taking a nap, I was out on the couch watching TV. It had been quiet in his room for quite awhile, so I thought he was asleep. Then a Red Robin commercial came on, & all of a sudden I hear his door open & he goes, 'Reeeed Robin....*very long pause*....YUM!' Then proceeds to close the door.
• he has quite the attitude, these days! if he doesn't get his way, he is NOT happy! Another story for ya: I was waiting for one of my shows to come on one night (Teen mom :) And I got some oreo's out. He came up to me & asked for one, so I handed him one. He went over to the table in the living room, took 1 bite & put it down, then he came back for another one. I told him that if he wanted another one, he had to eat the first one all gone. So of course, he starts throwing a fit. So I told him if he was gonna be a brat, he could go to his room. So he starts walking towards his room, stops, turns around, walks over to the TV, turns it off, looks at me & gives me the EVILEST glare, then walks to his room. I could not believe he did that, but I am STILL laughing about it today!
• he's actually starting to like watching movies now. the one he's been watching a lot lately, is Monsters Inc.
• his favorite TV shows right now are, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (he loves the hotdog dance!) & Chuggington... of course since he loves 'choo choo chain'. he'll take a little bit of Handy Manny some days, but others when it's on, he'll come up to me & say 'Hanny Manny' while shaking his head no.
• when he doesn't want something, he'll shake his head no while saying it. like, if he wants a drink, I'll ask him if he wants moo juice (milk) or apple juice. then he'll say 'moo juice' while shaking his head no, & 'appo juice' while shaking his head yes.
•he will repeat pretty much anything you ask him to! he might not pronounce everything right, but he definitely tries!
I just can't believe that my next 'month day' post will be about a TWO YEAR OLD!
No comments:
Post a Comment