Friday, October 1, 2010

ouch.

Last night was quite the adventure for us. Ryan was giving Bransyn a bath after dinner & he was just playing in there for a while. All of a sudden, I hear a loud THUD. I was waiting for Ryan to ask him if he was okay & Brans say 'mhmm' But then Bransyn kind of whimpered for a second & it turned into a loud scream. That was followed by Ryan yelling, 'Lesha, we need to take him to the hospital!' I was in the living room watching Grey's Anatomy, & I jumped up SO fast & ran into the bathroom to see what exactly happened. I took one look at the cut on Bransyn's four head & agreed that we needed to take him in. So Ryan ran to change his clothes, while I dried B off & got him dressed. (by this time he has completely stopped crying - such a strong boy!) Ryan took another look at it & thought that maybe we didn't NEED to take him in, we could probably just butterfly it shut. But I said no, even if that's what they tell us to do, I still want to get it checked & make sure he doesn't need stitches. So we get Brans in the car & headed off to the ER. While we were in the car, Ry was explaining to me what happened. He said that Bransyn jumped ONCE. He was not jumping up & down repeatedly, he did it one time. He happened to slip that one time he jumped, fell forward, hit his head on the soap holder, he hit it so hard he flew back. He said that it happened so fast, that there was nothing he could do. We arrived at the hospital & asked the lady at the front desk what she thought we should do, & she said to just get checked in & registered so that the dr's could get it checked out. So we went back & got everything taken care of. They put some ointment on the cut to help numb it, & covered it with a pink 'headband'. They also gave him a super cool hospital bracelet. He was quite impressed with it. After we were done with that, we went back out into the waiting room. I expected it was gonna take for EVER to get back, cause the ER alwaysss take SO long! But surprisingly, we got back within 10 minutes! When we got back there, the lady that was gonna do his stitches came in & looked at the cut for a minute so she could figure out what needed to be done. At first we thought that it could be fixed with the glue stuff, but after further examination, she said that he would need a few deep stitches & it would heal better, faster & he would have a smaller scar if he got actual stitches. My heart fell to my stomach right there. I did NOT want my 22 month old to get stitches :( But we had to do what we had to do! She put some more ointment on his head to help numb it more, then went to get everything set up & wait about 20 minutes for the ointment to kick in. During that time, we just had to keep him entertained & happy. Daddy YouTubed some truck video's on his phone & let Brans lay on the bed & watch them. When he got bored with that, him & daddy played 'ninja's! haha. Then the lady & another guy came in to get everything started. They wrapped him up in a sheet, so that he couldn't wiggle around & try to stop them. That was hard for me. I don't like seeing my baby all strapped down! Then they told both me & Ryan what we would be doing. Ry was supposed to hold his legs & I was supposed to just talk to him to keep him calm. They told us that they would need to give him a shot to completely numb the area. Whattt?! I thought that's what the ointment was for! But apparently this shot is quite painful, so the ointment was supposed to numb the area for the shot! So they started doing it & Bransyn screamed. Loud. And cried. And that just got me. I hurt so bad for him, I hated seeing him in pain from that shot, I just wanted to take the pain away from him! Luckily, it was over pretty quick & he calmed right down. The lady kept asking me if I was getting light headed, & that if I felt like I was gonna pass out, to lay on the bed cause they didn't need another person to stitch up, haha! (: Then they got started. The guy held Bransyn's head so that he couldn't move it and the lady got started with stitching him up! He only ended up needing one deep stitch (which are the kind that just dissolve) But 6 regular stitches. He did very very well for what was going on. We all just kept talking to him - asking him what sound each animal made, had him say his abc's, counted, talked to him about trucks, anything to keep him calm. There was one stitch that she did that he felt a little bit, but he was still very brave for it! Watching just made me want to cry! But I held myself together for him. I didn't want him to get upset & think something was wrong. They finished in about 10 minutes! After they were done, he of course was very happy to be freee! I was happy he was, too (: They went & got him a yellow popsicle & some stickers! They could not stop saying how well he did & that he is the cutest & best 22 month old they have ever seen come through there! One of the other nurses even told her that they'd take 100 of him! haha, apparently some kids aren't as brave as my boy (: After we were done, we stopped over at Target to get him a new truck, since we promised him when he was getting stitched up, that if he was good he could get one! (of course, I'd get one for him anyways cause of what he had to go through!) And he chose out a 'doggy monster truck'! haha. He loves it, he could hardly wait to get it out of the package when we got back into the car (: I am SO, SO proud of this boy for doing so well! I am 20 years old & there is NO way I would of done that well! haha. I think we've told him NO JUMPING IN THE TUB about 87 times since we left the hospital! haha. He gets the stitches out in 5 days!


His wonderful cut before getting it stitched up.


Ha, he wasn't too impressed with that thing on his finger.

Showing off his bracelet! (:

Watching 'Monser tucks' on daddy's phone.

hahaha, ninja's!


Enjoying his popsicle after he was all stitched up!

The result of jumping in the bathtub!





Oh, & I just have to add this because it's just crazy to me, haha. Bransyn hardly ever takes baths. Don't think we're gross & don't wash our child, haha. He just usually takes a shower with one of us every night. He likes showers better. But the reason he was taking a bath last night, is because we had enchilada's for dinner. And he got messy. Neither Ryan or I was ready to take a shower yet, and he wanted out of his chair. Well, he definitely needed a bath cause he had red sauce all over him so we just decided to stick him in his tub! Ahhh, just our luck! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment