Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Ultra Sound!

We had our first ultra sound today! I was super excited about it. We had a 10 week ultra sound with Bransyn & it was way cool to see him that small, I was kind of bummed cause I didn't think we would get such an early one with this little peanut. But since I had surgery on my cervix last year, I am at higher risk for having an incompetent cervix. I have been really freaked out about that since I found out I was pregnant (even though it usually won't cause problems until the 2nd trimester) so I talked to one of my Dr's about it at my first appointment last week. She decided that it would be good to have an ultra sound to check on that. Also, I wasn't completely sure of my due date, because my cycles are longer (34 days) so I wasn't sure if that would affect the dates, or not. So we wanted to see how accurate my due date guess was!

Unfortunately, Ryan wasn't able to go with me because of his work schedule :( it was kind of short notice for him to ask for it off, & we also want to save his hours off for our 'big' ultrasound in December & also for our 3D/4D one around 30 weeks. So I asked my mama to come with me, so that I wouldn't be alone.

We finally got back into the ultra sound room, I layed down & got asked about a billion questions. Then she finally squeezed a huuuge glob of the super fun gel on my belly & we were ready to get started! After filling my bladder to the maxxx & having to pee like CRAZY, it was finally time to see my little peanut! Well, not quite yet... we had to look at my cervix first. I was quite relieved that the U/S tech was able to look at it from an abdominal ultra sound instead of the, uhh.. other kind, but boy the way she was pushing & angling that thing on my stomach was quite uncomfortable & actually a bit painful. But I stuck through it ;) She said everything looked fine so far, so that was a relief! After that, it was finally time to look at the baby & get some measurements! She found him/her just layin' around in there & I instantly saw a fluttering heartbeat (: I asked her if she could tell how fast it was, so she showed us the heart rhythms & it was beating 166bpm! A little slower than Bransyn's was at 10 weeks (his was high 190's!) but still a good, strong heartbeat! I was happy to finally know that it has a good hr. Then she did the measurements. I was fully prepared for her to tell me that the baby was measuring a little bit smaller than what I had thought, since that happened with Brans, but to my surprise, she said it's measuring 11w1d instead of 10w6d! That's only a 2 day difference, so she said that my dates won't change, which is fine with me. I still get to have this baby earlier, remember? haha. Luckily, I had a really nice tech, so she let us watch the baby for a while (: She got a few pictures & even switched it into 4D for a few minutes! It was way cool, even though the baby was pretty hard to see, since it's still such a little pea. The only time we ever saw Brans on 4D, he looked like a dinosaur! & we never got any 3D pictures. I was pretty bummed that the machine couldn't record the ultra sound, it only took stills. I really wanted to be able to show Ryan since he wasn't able to make it. We were able to get a video of Bransyn at 18w5d, but it doesn't look like we'll be getting one of this baby :( Oh well, I'm glad we got some good pictures!


This is the 3D one - if you couldn't tell! haha




Isn't s/he sooo cute already?! I definitely think so! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment