We finally had our first prenatal appointment today! After waiting for FIVE lonnnnng weeks! Ryan was able to come to this one, so that he could hear the heart. Unfortunately, with his work it's not easy for him to get off of work for each appointment. So we decided that he would go to the first appointment, the 'big' ultra sound, & our 3D-4D ultra sound we will have later in the pregnancy. & if anything else comes up that I would feel more comfortable having him there for. He was there for almost all of my appointments with Bransyn, so it's gonna be kind of lonely going to all of these by myself, but there's not really much for him to do anyways, so I'm okay with it (: haha.
ANYWAYS.
I got to do all the super duper fun stuff that goes along with a first appointment.
(I'm sure all you mama's know what I'm talking about, haha) But I'll spare you the details.
I talked to Lisa about a few things. Flu shots, what to do for nausea, figuring out my accurate due date, ultra sounds, ect ect.
And then FINALLY, it came time to hear our precious baby's heartbeat. She got the doppler out, squeezed a big glob of gel on my tummy & began searching. I was expecting it to take a minute to find the HB, cause it took a minute with Brans. But after searching for a few minutes with no luck, I started to get freaked out. I didn't show it, but inside I was like 'oh my gosh, my worst fear is happening' Ryan knew I was getting freaked out, even though I wasn't saying anything. I'm pretty sure he was telling me everything was fine, but I was so focused on listening for the slightest sound of a heartbeat, that i don't really remember. Finally, Lisa had the 'helper' go out & get the portable ultra sound machine thingy (looks like a laptop, ha) so that we could SEE the heartbeat, just to make sure everything was okay. She got started with that, & right away there was a big circle thing on the screen. She told us that was the gestational sac. I quickly looked all over & saw... nothing. For a split second I felt like my heart was gonna explode, thinking that I had a Blighted Ovum. Then Lisa said, 'That little white blob is the baby' & I was relieved. But as I looked at it, I didn't see any 'flickering' to indicate a HB. So yet again, I got scared. She moved the little wand (as I like to call them) in a bunch of different directions to try to get a view of the HB. FINALLY, she says that right there is the heart. & I saw a verrrry teensy little dot flickering. Ahhh, relief! Then I guess the baby started moving it's arms up & down. haha. I couldn't really tell... but Ryan said afterwards that he saw it move a bunch! I guess it must of been the position I was in, so I couldn't see the screen too well. I'm bummed I didn't get to hear the heartbeat, cause I wanted to know how fast it was. And of course, I loved hearing Bransyn's, so I couldn't wait to hear this one! But I'm just glad that we KNOW there is a live, active baby in there with a beating heart. That's all that matters to me.
So we finished with that, & they gave me a packet to read about prenatal testing options that Dr. Lunt will talk to me about at my next visit. Then Lisa told me that she wanted me to have an ultra sound next week to get an accurate due date, and to also make sure I don't have an incompetent cervix, from the surgery I had last year. So I got that scheduled for Wednesday, the 20th at 2:30. Can't wait to see my little sweet pea again - but for REAL this time. haha. I also go back in 4 weeks, on November 10.
here's a picture of our little white 'blob'
You can't see it too well, that's why there's a big red arrow pointing to it! haha.
& sorry for the quality... this isn't an actual U/S picture. She just froze the screen so that I could get a picture of baby with my camera (:

I'll make sure to update when I get my U/S on Wednesday!
ANYWAYS.
I got to do all the super duper fun stuff that goes along with a first appointment.
(I'm sure all you mama's know what I'm talking about, haha) But I'll spare you the details.
I talked to Lisa about a few things. Flu shots, what to do for nausea, figuring out my accurate due date, ultra sounds, ect ect.
And then FINALLY, it came time to hear our precious baby's heartbeat. She got the doppler out, squeezed a big glob of gel on my tummy & began searching. I was expecting it to take a minute to find the HB, cause it took a minute with Brans. But after searching for a few minutes with no luck, I started to get freaked out. I didn't show it, but inside I was like 'oh my gosh, my worst fear is happening' Ryan knew I was getting freaked out, even though I wasn't saying anything. I'm pretty sure he was telling me everything was fine, but I was so focused on listening for the slightest sound of a heartbeat, that i don't really remember. Finally, Lisa had the 'helper' go out & get the portable ultra sound machine thingy (looks like a laptop, ha) so that we could SEE the heartbeat, just to make sure everything was okay. She got started with that, & right away there was a big circle thing on the screen. She told us that was the gestational sac. I quickly looked all over & saw... nothing. For a split second I felt like my heart was gonna explode, thinking that I had a Blighted Ovum. Then Lisa said, 'That little white blob is the baby' & I was relieved. But as I looked at it, I didn't see any 'flickering' to indicate a HB. So yet again, I got scared. She moved the little wand (as I like to call them) in a bunch of different directions to try to get a view of the HB. FINALLY, she says that right there is the heart. & I saw a verrrry teensy little dot flickering. Ahhh, relief! Then I guess the baby started moving it's arms up & down. haha. I couldn't really tell... but Ryan said afterwards that he saw it move a bunch! I guess it must of been the position I was in, so I couldn't see the screen too well. I'm bummed I didn't get to hear the heartbeat, cause I wanted to know how fast it was. And of course, I loved hearing Bransyn's, so I couldn't wait to hear this one! But I'm just glad that we KNOW there is a live, active baby in there with a beating heart. That's all that matters to me.
So we finished with that, & they gave me a packet to read about prenatal testing options that Dr. Lunt will talk to me about at my next visit. Then Lisa told me that she wanted me to have an ultra sound next week to get an accurate due date, and to also make sure I don't have an incompetent cervix, from the surgery I had last year. So I got that scheduled for Wednesday, the 20th at 2:30. Can't wait to see my little sweet pea again - but for REAL this time. haha. I also go back in 4 weeks, on November 10.
here's a picture of our little white 'blob'
You can't see it too well, that's why there's a big red arrow pointing to it! haha.
& sorry for the quality... this isn't an actual U/S picture. She just froze the screen so that I could get a picture of baby with my camera (:

I'll make sure to update when I get my U/S on Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment