Ahh, I can't believe I am already posting about my thirty week appointment! This pregnancy seems to be just flying by! I am both happy & sad about that. Happy, because that means I am only nine, yes that's right nine, weeks away from meeting my sweet baby girl. But sad, because this could very well be my last pregnancy :( I want to be able to enjoy everything as much as possible, because I know the moment she is out, I am going to miss all the movement & hiccups.
Anyways! Back to my appointments.
I had my ultra sound first. She started by getting all the baby's measurements to make sure she is still growing right on track. She is measuring 29w 5d, which I am 29w 6d. So that is absolutely perfect. At my ultra sound 2 weeks ago, she was also measuring just 1 day behind, so she is growing steady! After she was done getting all the measurements, she checked the fluid. 3 weeks ago the fluid was at 6.5cm. 2 weeks ago it was at 6.9cm. Today, it was at 7.6cm. Still not a huge difference, & it definitely should of gone up more, especially since I went 2 weeks on bed rest & a gallon of water every day between ultra sounds. She told me to just continue what I've been doing. Soooo, still on bed rest & tons of fluid! In other news, she is STILL breech :/ And in yet another crazy position. haha. Her head is up top, right below my right ribs. Then her body goes over to the left, her back curves down, like around my belly button & her bum is on my cervix again. Then her feet go up into her face. haha. Definitely does NOT seem comfortable, but she seems to like it since she won't move :( I've been trying to talk her into flipping, but it hasn't worked quite yet. I also had the ultra sound tech check to see if we could see any hair yet. Luckily there was a pocket of fluid around her head, which is needed to see hair, & she doesn't have any yet :( I'm sure she still has time to get some, if she's even going to, but I was still kind of bummed that she doesn't have any yet! haha. I hope she comes out with a full head of hair like her brother did! If not, I'm sure she will still be super adorable! (:
I went to my Dr appointment right after my ultra sound. He listened to hear heart - 140 BPM, measured my uterus - 29cm, and talked to me about the results from the ultra sound. He said that even though the fluid is still pretty low, it is a good sign it's not getting any lower & it is stable. He is pretty confident that I will be able to make it to 39 weeks, because her growth is still perfect! As long as the fluid level does not get down to or below 5cm, which he says isn't likely since it has been going up. (: I was able to let out a huuuuge sigh of relief! He said that if by chance the fluid level DOES drop, they will admit me to the hospital, get me hooked up to IV's to help with fluid & give me the steroid shot to help develop the babies lungs faster. He would try everything possible to help keep her in as long as possible. I am glad that I don't have to worry about it at this point, though! (: He also talked to me about her being breech... he said that 25% of babies are still breech at this point in the pregnancy, but only 3% stay that way! So there is still plenty of time to get her to flip... I just hope she will stop being stubborn & do it already! haha.
So things are looking good at this point, I will just continue with restricted activity & make sure I drink my gallon of water every day. It's a pain in the butt, but like I have said a million times before, SO SO SOOOO worth it for my precious baby! I will do whatever it takes to keep this baby safe (:
Anyways! Back to my appointments.
I had my ultra sound first. She started by getting all the baby's measurements to make sure she is still growing right on track. She is measuring 29w 5d, which I am 29w 6d. So that is absolutely perfect. At my ultra sound 2 weeks ago, she was also measuring just 1 day behind, so she is growing steady! After she was done getting all the measurements, she checked the fluid. 3 weeks ago the fluid was at 6.5cm. 2 weeks ago it was at 6.9cm. Today, it was at 7.6cm. Still not a huge difference, & it definitely should of gone up more, especially since I went 2 weeks on bed rest & a gallon of water every day between ultra sounds. She told me to just continue what I've been doing. Soooo, still on bed rest & tons of fluid! In other news, she is STILL breech :/ And in yet another crazy position. haha. Her head is up top, right below my right ribs. Then her body goes over to the left, her back curves down, like around my belly button & her bum is on my cervix again. Then her feet go up into her face. haha. Definitely does NOT seem comfortable, but she seems to like it since she won't move :( I've been trying to talk her into flipping, but it hasn't worked quite yet. I also had the ultra sound tech check to see if we could see any hair yet. Luckily there was a pocket of fluid around her head, which is needed to see hair, & she doesn't have any yet :( I'm sure she still has time to get some, if she's even going to, but I was still kind of bummed that she doesn't have any yet! haha. I hope she comes out with a full head of hair like her brother did! If not, I'm sure she will still be super adorable! (:
I went to my Dr appointment right after my ultra sound. He listened to hear heart - 140 BPM, measured my uterus - 29cm, and talked to me about the results from the ultra sound. He said that even though the fluid is still pretty low, it is a good sign it's not getting any lower & it is stable. He is pretty confident that I will be able to make it to 39 weeks, because her growth is still perfect! As long as the fluid level does not get down to or below 5cm, which he says isn't likely since it has been going up. (: I was able to let out a huuuuge sigh of relief! He said that if by chance the fluid level DOES drop, they will admit me to the hospital, get me hooked up to IV's to help with fluid & give me the steroid shot to help develop the babies lungs faster. He would try everything possible to help keep her in as long as possible. I am glad that I don't have to worry about it at this point, though! (: He also talked to me about her being breech... he said that 25% of babies are still breech at this point in the pregnancy, but only 3% stay that way! So there is still plenty of time to get her to flip... I just hope she will stop being stubborn & do it already! haha.
So things are looking good at this point, I will just continue with restricted activity & make sure I drink my gallon of water every day. It's a pain in the butt, but like I have said a million times before, SO SO SOOOO worth it for my precious baby! I will do whatever it takes to keep this baby safe (:
No comments:
Post a Comment