So Sunday night, I decided that I wanted to try potty training Brans again. He wasn't really showing any signs of being ready, or anything like that. But he also would never refuse to go on the potty. And since I would VERY much love for him to be out of diapers before Missy T arrives, we decided to give it a go! So yesterday after he woke up, I put him in his big boy undies! I asked him every half hour-45 minutes if he had to go potty. Half of the time he would say no, but I would be like 'Yeah, let's go so you don't get your big boy undies wet!' And he would go just fine! (: He had 2 accidents the entire day. They were both early in the day. The first time, I think he just wasn't quite used to not having a diaper on yet. The 2nd time was my fault. I didn't realize that since he had been drinking more, he needed to go sooner. BUT, that time he DID stop himself & finished in the potty (: We left the house when Ry got home to go get some dinner, we were out for about 20 minutes. I decided to see if he could handle going out without a diaper & he did fine! Then, he went to the store with Ryan & they were gone for another 20 minutes & still no accidents! (: Pretty dang good for the first day! (:
Today we did pretty much the same thing - undies when he woke up & I've been asking him every so often if he needs to go potty. He has had ZERO accidents today so far, (7:30pm) we even had to leave the house again to go to the car dealership. We were gone for about 30 minutes! I was debating on whether or not to put him down for a nap without a diaper, but decided that if he was to wet himself, he would probably wake up & I would feel bad (he does NOT like having wet undies, haha) so I just stuck a diaper on him & thought, if he wakes up dry, that's great... if not, not a big deal because we're only on day 2 & I don't expect him to 'hold it' in his sleep. But guess what? He took a 3+ hour nap & woke up completely dry!!! He even had a cup of milk right before he went down! I am SO proud of this little man! (:
I have been giving him 2 m&m's every time he goes pee-pee in the potty as a REWARD, not a bribe. BUT, he definitely doesn't go JUST to get the m&m's. Almost every single time, he has forgotten that he gets one. But I am just SO proud of him, I want to reward him in some way, ya know? Of course, I make a big huge fuss & cheer for him, tell him how good he is doing & how proud I am of him every time he goes! It's crazy how excited you get over someone going potty! hahah ;)
I'm so glad he is doing so well, I honestly can not even express JUST how proud I am of him! (I know I've said it a few times already, but really... This mama is SOOO DANG PROUD! (: haha) I am pretty confident that this is the real deal & he will be potty trained very soon! There's no way I'm giving up on him now, he is on a roll! I'm still not quite sure how to go about night time potty training. For now, we're just going to stop giving him liquids an hour or so before bed time & make sure he goes potty before bed. If he still wakes up wet, not a big deal. He'll learn in time. I'm gonna get him pull-ups for bed time, I don't have a problem doing those for a while! (:
Today we did pretty much the same thing - undies when he woke up & I've been asking him every so often if he needs to go potty. He has had ZERO accidents today so far, (7:30pm) we even had to leave the house again to go to the car dealership. We were gone for about 30 minutes! I was debating on whether or not to put him down for a nap without a diaper, but decided that if he was to wet himself, he would probably wake up & I would feel bad (he does NOT like having wet undies, haha) so I just stuck a diaper on him & thought, if he wakes up dry, that's great... if not, not a big deal because we're only on day 2 & I don't expect him to 'hold it' in his sleep. But guess what? He took a 3+ hour nap & woke up completely dry!!! He even had a cup of milk right before he went down! I am SO proud of this little man! (:
I have been giving him 2 m&m's every time he goes pee-pee in the potty as a REWARD, not a bribe. BUT, he definitely doesn't go JUST to get the m&m's. Almost every single time, he has forgotten that he gets one. But I am just SO proud of him, I want to reward him in some way, ya know? Of course, I make a big huge fuss & cheer for him, tell him how good he is doing & how proud I am of him every time he goes! It's crazy how excited you get over someone going potty! hahah ;)
I'm so glad he is doing so well, I honestly can not even express JUST how proud I am of him! (I know I've said it a few times already, but really... This mama is SOOO DANG PROUD! (: haha) I am pretty confident that this is the real deal & he will be potty trained very soon! There's no way I'm giving up on him now, he is on a roll! I'm still not quite sure how to go about night time potty training. For now, we're just going to stop giving him liquids an hour or so before bed time & make sure he goes potty before bed. If he still wakes up wet, not a big deal. He'll learn in time. I'm gonna get him pull-ups for bed time, I don't have a problem doing those for a while! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment