So Bransyn FINALLY had his follow up appointment with the specialist about his vomiting issues. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but once he ran out of his medicine (it was no refills because it was supposed to just be a 'trial' until he could be seen again) he got even worse. He was throwing up every single day, at least once a day. Before the medicine, it was anywhere from 4-7 days a week. So I called in & got a refill until he could be seen again... I couldn't just let him go 2 weeks puking alll the time & barely keeping anything down. Anyways, he has gained a little bit of weight, which is great! They weighed him with his clothes on, & he was almost 26 pounds (so a little less than that, since the clothes add more weight) I'm so glad he is finally gaining weight! (: Once the doctor came in to talk to us, I filled him in with what was going on after we stopped the medicine & that I had to get a refill. He said it was reallly weird that he did so well on the medicine, but was worse once he was off of it. He wants to keep him on it for 2 more months, because typically after 3 months of being on it, the vomiting should stop. If after these 2 months we take him off of it again & he continues to throw up, Dr. Kaddu would like to have some testing done to figure out why it's so bad & won't go away. I asked if there is ANY way it could be something other than CVS (Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome) & he said no, because if it was something else, the medicine would not help him, which it has helped him GREATLY. I would really like to just do testing right now instead of waiting 2 months, because I just worry that there could still be a chance it could be something more serious. But he told me that they can't do that unless there is a reason to... which would be if he's still doing bad after he's been on the medication for 3 months. So, I guess we will see how things go in 2 months, but for now I'm glad we can control it, as much as I hate to have to give him meds every day, at least he doesn't have to suffer. He goes in again on May 17th! Crazy that his baby sister will be going to that appointment with us ;)
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment