Sunday, September 19, 2010

Parade & Rodeo!

Yesterday was the annual Dixie Roundup Rodeo & Parade! I have been looking forward to taking Bransyn to the rodeo for MONTHS now! I didn't even know that there was a parade to go along with it, but I'm sure glad I found out, because every parade they've had in St. George so far, we've missed :( So this happened to be his very first parade! (: He had a blast. I thought that he would go crazy over all the horses - which, he did - but he was WAY more interested in all the 'big trucks!' haha. Even though they weren't big... he just loves trucks! He even tried running out to them a few times, haha. A lot of the people that were a part of the parade even threw candy out for the kids! (I didn't think they would, since its just a rodeo parade) He sure had fun getting some candy! We stayed for most of the parade, but when there was only a few minutes left (I'm guessing) we left because it was getting SO hot! Here are a few pics from the parade!
{you can click on the collage to make it bigger}


Cute boy loved his first parade! (:


After we left the parade, we went over to In-N-Out to get some lunch/dinner. Then we headed home to get some blankets to sit on on at the rodeo & Bransyn's diaper bag. We knew that we needed to go a little early, in order to get seats, so we got there about an hour early. We just got the general admission seats, but we wanted to sit in more comfortable seats, so we tried to upgrade, but all the assigned seating was sold out :( I guess it had been sold out for quite a while! So we settled with the GA & went to find a seat. We found some pretty good seats - not at the end we would of liked to of been on, but at least we HAD seats! So we sat down on the bleachers & waited for everything to start! Brans was a little restless, but once everything got started, his eyes were glued! He loved seeing all the horsies (: I started taking pictures of all the opening stuff, so of course by the time the actual rodeo started, my camera was dead. Ah, story of my life! I wish I had an extra battery for that thing! Anyways, I haven't been to a rodeo since I was like 12 or 13, so I totally didn't even remember what it was like! It was pretty fun, though. I just thought it was sad when they would tie up the little baby cows & throw them on the ground :( But then they just got up & ran around like nothing even happened (: haha. And when the baby cows & sheep were done, they'd go into this little cage thingy right behind our seats. So Brans was kind of obsessed with going over to see them all the time! He loved them! I think my favorite part of the whole thing was the mutton bustin! All the little kids were so cute trying to hold on as long as they could (: One little girl even made it allll the way across to the other side! I couldn't believe that she held on that long, haha! Ryan's mom was telling me that both of her kids did that when they were little (at a different rodeo, though) I think it would be so fun to have Brans do that, but I'm sure I would be a nervous wreck watching him the whole time, scared that he would get hurt! :( Anyways, I can't wait until next year... we are definitely going again! Hopefully we'll be able to buy tickets earlier this time, so that we get better seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment