Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ry's Diesel Events in Salt Lake

This weekend, Ryan had to work another diesel event. Since this one was only in Salt Lake & it was longer then a day, we decided to make it a family trip & stay all weekend. As soon as we got into town on Friday, we headed over to Rocky Mountain Raceways where the first event was being held. We were there for a while, but I started to get bored just standing around while Ryan worked & ran around, so I decided to take Brans over to my grandparents house to see them for a while. I visited with my grandma for about an hour, then she showed me the way to Ashlyn's house {where we were staying} After that, I headed back out to RMR to take Ry some food & pick him up. After about an hour there, we headed back to Ashlyn's for the night.

The next day, Ryan had to be to Ogden in the morning. So we got ourselves packed into the car & made the 45 mile trip North. I didn't feel like staying there, so I drove back to Murray, went to Smiths & got some donuts for me & Brans, then headed back to Ash's house. She came home for a while for lunch, so we visited with her then. After that, I tried to get Brans to nap. He definitely wasn't going for it, so I ended up taking a half-nap {i was asleep, but aware of what was going on... dunno what else to call it! haha} in Bransyn's pack 'n play bed, while he just layed & talked next to me. Around 3pm, I finally decided to get ready & get us some lunch. So we headed over to Taylorsville to get some Sconecutter! We just got the food to go, then headed back to Ogden for the second part of Ry's Saturday events. I was going to surprise him {he wanted me to come back, but I told him I wouldn't be back for a while} since I thought I knew where he was gonna be at. He told me that the next even would be at the Fairgrounds. When I had left him that morning, I saw signs for the fairgrounds, so I figured I could find it from there. So I finally get to Ogden & follow the signs for the fairgrounds. But oh guess what? There was a ton of road construction & the road I needed to be on was blocked off, so I had to take a detour. But the stupid town said to go one way & that was it. There were no more signs telling me what road to turn on after I got off the main road. So I drove. And drove. And freaking drove around for EVER! Finally, I decided that surprising Ryan just was not going to happen. So I gave in & called him, almost in tears because I was lost in a STUPID town that i was not familiar with what-so-ever. He told me to go to the fairgrounds. I told him that I had been searching for it for 45 minutes & could not get to it. So he's telling me all these roads that you take to get there & not ONE of them sounded familiar, from what I had seen so far. I FINALLY find these stupid fairgrounds. But can't find where I'm supposed to go in, or even where Ryan is at. Then he tells me to get on the main road again & go towards where I had dropped him off that morning. So I do. Then he tells me to go all the way down to this road, turn on another road & just go straight & I'll run right into it. So I do it. Well guess what. The stupid event was NOT at ANY fairgrounds.... it was at some freaking Stadium thing! Ryan told me fairgrounds, so that's where I was going. Gosh, I was soooo mad! haha, I'm mad again just typing about it. I was practically in tears & about to jump back on I-15 & leave him there, to find his own way back. But instead, we went & watched the event. Brans loved it! they were doing a thing where the trucks pull some big machine thingy down the dirt & see how far they can go. I dunno what it's called. They also had this big monster truck there, which now Brans is OBSESSED with monster trucks! Every truck he see's now, is either 'big truck' or 'monster truck' His eyes were glued to the event the whoooole time. We finally left around 9:30 & headed back to Ashlyn's house. They were playing 'Kings Cup' there, which was sooo funny! Especially since I was the only one not drinking, it made it THAT much better (: haha.
Anyways, here are a few pictures from Ry's events:




The rest of the weekend will be in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment