Well, I thought Bransyn was ready to start the whole active potty training thing, but I think I was wrong. The day I started, I took him to the potty every half hour. The first 4 times, he did great! I would tell him, 'lets go potty, Brans!' and he would walk right to it with me. His diaper was dry & he peed in the potty. So I thought we were good, he got the concept! But that 5th time I asked him if he needed to potty & went to take him, but he peed in his diaper before we got to the potty. So I think that when I told him lets go potty, he thought 'okay, I'll go now!' I could tell he had just barely gone, cause his diaper was quite warm, haha. So I thought, hmm... well, he's not gonna go everytime, he's gonna have accidents. So I tried again another half hour later. Same thing. I tried every half hour until I went home & he did it every time. When we got home, he did kind of start going in the potty again, but not every time. I'm not sure he liked me 'forcing' him to go on the big potty. I think he likes to just go on there when HE wants. So for now, I guess we're just gonna continue letting him go on there when he wants to! I do still ask him every once in a while if he wants to go on the potty... sometimes he will, sometimes he wont! I'll try again in a month to see if he's ready yet.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment