Bransyn had his 15 month well-child check up today!
He got to play for a long time, because as usual, they were slooowwww!
Then when we finally got into our room, he got to see all the animal paintings on the wall. He loved the monkeys, lions & tigers. He would say 'ah ah' when he pointed to the monkeys, 'hiss' when he saw the tiger & say 'oof oof' when he saw the lions... even though It old him lions are kitty's! haha, they obviously looked like dogs ;)
He wanted to pull this monkey down & take it home!
After a while, his pediatrician -- Dr. Smith -- came in to check him out. He is now 20 pounds 9 ounces!!! FINALLY past the 20 pound point! And he is 29 1/2 inches tall. So he hasn't grown much in height since his 1 year. But at least he has gained two pounds in 3 months!!! That's definitely some progress!
Dr. Smith checked his eyes, ears, throat, heart, lungs, belly, his manhood & legs... everything looks great! She had him walk for her. She asked me if he could say 3-5 words. If he follows commands. If he can eat with utensils. If he is off of his bottle. He danced for her & was talkin up a storm! She had a student nurse with her that is training, he they both loved him! When he started dancing & pointing to their shoes, they couldn't stop laughing! He played with the student nurse & had a nice convo with her while I talked to Dr. Smith about his coughing issue. When I first started him on the nebulizer, I was told to start out giving him a treatment every 4 hours, then if after a while his cough started to do better... I could start doing it every 6 hours instead. So once he started to sound better, I did just that. Well, after a few days... his cough started sounding bad again. So I started doing it more often again & then let off again. And the same thing happened. So I told her about that. She said it is really weird that that is happening & was trying to figure out what this mysterious cough could be from. (they're still trying to rule out asthma, since they won't diagnose until 2) She decided to start him on a nightly prescription of Singulair to see if it will help. It is just a powder that I mix in with his food or drink every night. I'll give it to him for a month & then report back to her on how it is working, if at all. Then she said I might want to continue giving it to him through spring, just to keep the cough away.
But she said everything else is looking really good, besides him being a little on the small side still. But he's healthy & doing well, so it's not a HUGE concern.
After Dr. Smith left, a nurse came in to do his icky shots! Ah. I didn't think he was going to have to get any today, but I guess I was wrong! They did his first Hep A shot (he will get his 2nd & final one at his 2 year checkup, which will be the last immunization he'll get until kindergarten! ) and the last of his DTP series. He did AMAZING, as usual, with these shots! He cried for a second right as she poked him, but no screaming what-so-ever! Then after she put the band-aids on, he kept trying to pull them off! haha.
He wasn't sad cause of the shots, he was mad cause I wouldn't let him pull them off so that I could get some pictures! haha
Dr. Smith checked his eyes, ears, throat, heart, lungs, belly, his manhood & legs... everything looks great! She had him walk for her. She asked me if he could say 3-5 words. If he follows commands. If he can eat with utensils. If he is off of his bottle. He danced for her & was talkin up a storm! She had a student nurse with her that is training, he they both loved him! When he started dancing & pointing to their shoes, they couldn't stop laughing! He played with the student nurse & had a nice convo with her while I talked to Dr. Smith about his coughing issue. When I first started him on the nebulizer, I was told to start out giving him a treatment every 4 hours, then if after a while his cough started to do better... I could start doing it every 6 hours instead. So once he started to sound better, I did just that. Well, after a few days... his cough started sounding bad again. So I started doing it more often again & then let off again. And the same thing happened. So I told her about that. She said it is really weird that that is happening & was trying to figure out what this mysterious cough could be from. (they're still trying to rule out asthma, since they won't diagnose until 2) She decided to start him on a nightly prescription of Singulair to see if it will help. It is just a powder that I mix in with his food or drink every night. I'll give it to him for a month & then report back to her on how it is working, if at all. Then she said I might want to continue giving it to him through spring, just to keep the cough away.
But she said everything else is looking really good, besides him being a little on the small side still. But he's healthy & doing well, so it's not a HUGE concern.
After Dr. Smith left, a nurse came in to do his icky shots! Ah. I didn't think he was going to have to get any today, but I guess I was wrong! They did his first Hep A shot (he will get his 2nd & final one at his 2 year checkup, which will be the last immunization he'll get until kindergarten! ) and the last of his DTP series. He did AMAZING, as usual, with these shots! He cried for a second right as she poked him, but no screaming what-so-ever! Then after she put the band-aids on, he kept trying to pull them off! haha.
He wasn't sad cause of the shots, he was mad cause I wouldn't let him pull them off so that I could get some pictures! haha
After we were all done, I scheduled his 2 year appointment -- November 22, btw -- And he got a sticker and a sucker for being such a good boy!
He got a 'Handy Manny' sticker (:
I am SO proud of my baby! He does SO amazing with shots & being checked out by the Dr... EVERY TIME! I know half the stuff she did I would be freaking out about! haha. She kept commenting on how he is such a good boy!
I couldn't ask for a better child (:
No comments:
Post a Comment