Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wingnutz

Last night we went to a new restaurant in town (okay, I don't really know if it's 'new' but I have never heard of it or seen it, so it's new to me ;) called Wingnutz. Ryan actually got invited to go on Sunday with his friends for a wing eating challenge, but it was kind of last minute & also our soup in a bread bowl night. So he passed (: Anyways, so this chicken wing eating 'challenge' or 'contest' whatever you would like to call it, is eating 10 wings in 3 minutes in this suuuuper hot sauce called 'purgatory'. This sauce is sooo hott, that you have to sign a waver to do the contest. When his friends went on Sunday, they all tried this & out of them all, only 1 actually did it. If you do it, you get your wings free, a t-shirt saying that you did it & you get your picture up on the wall. (Oh, and also 'bragging rights' for life. hahahha, yes... they actually say that) Well last night, his friend & his girlfriend were going there again, so they invited us cause Ryan still wanted to do the purgatory challenge. So we decided to go. When we got there, Ry tried the sauce & said it was pretty dang hott, but he still wanted to do it. Then after a while of being there, he was saying he didn't know if he was 'feeling it right then'. So me & Bransyn got our food & he just kinda snacked on ours while he debated if he was gonna do it or not. And I must say... their food is reallly good! I got this wrap thingy & it was seriously the best chicken wrap I have ever had in my life. We got Bransyn a cheese quesadilla & he gobbled that up. He also got some 'buffalo chips' which are just like fries, except they're flat & round. So definitely no complaints about the food! (: So Ryan's friend kept trying to talk him into doing the challenge, but he decided that he didn't want to that night. I know he wasn't backing out & he will do it sometime, cause this kid eats hot sauce on everrrrrrythinggg! He loves hot food! haha. But it did kinda seem like he wasn't in the mood for it that night, so he's gonna do it some other time. ANYWAYS, so Ry's friends girlfriends family was actually there watching the Jazz game & doing karaoke (Wednesdays are karaoke night) so we went over & sat by them after we were done eating. About a minute after we sat down, Bransyn got stolen from me. haha, everyone was in love with him! Then after a while, when everyone was doing karaoke, B wanted to get down & dance. He got right in the middle of the floor & started dancing alllll over. I didn't want him to bug anyone or be in someone's way, so I started to bring him more over to the side and everyone was telling me to just leave him there so they could watch him cause he's so cute. haha (This wasn't only people that we were with... complete strangers that were just at the restaurant were telling me this! haha) so I just left him & he had an absolute blast! Everyone was watching him dance & I'm pretty sure he loved all the attention he got ;) The girl that was running the karaoke thing kept asking him if he wanted to talk into the microphone. He didn't exactly know what to do, though! haha. They even had some maraca's that he played with & he loved them! We stayed until a little after 9, which is usually his bed time, but he was having so much fun I just could not make him leave yet! haha. I'm sure he could of danced all night long. But it started getting pretty crowded & more & more people were starting to drink, so it was time to leave. I love seeing him have so much fun, though! It makes me sooo happy to see him having a good time! (:


I didn't have my camera with me, so I didn't get any pictures of the night, except for this one (& a few more just like it) from my phone. He was sooo excited about this wrist band he has on! Kinda funny what it's for though. They actually give you these when you want to order an alcoholic drink so that you can order all the drinks you want without having to be ID'd every time. But our waitress thought he was so cute, so she gave him one too! He stuck to water like a good boy, though ;)

Next time we go for Ryan to do the Purgatory Challenge, I'll definitely have my camera & be sure to post about that, too (:


No comments:

Post a Comment