Monday, February 15, 2010

Saturday.

On Saturday, we woke up, I got Bransyn & myself breakfast then waited for everyone else to wake up. After Ash got up, she watched Bransyn for me so that I could jump in the shower. Then got myself ready & the little man. Which, of course, took forever cause he was into everything again and also cause my grandma talks a lot! hahah. After we were all FINALLY ready at about 1:15, we headed over to my uncle Ray's house for his girlfriends daughter's birthday. This wasn't something that was planned when we came, but I was glad to go over there cause I hardly get the chance to see my uncles. So we drive over there (which my grandpa took us on the most CONFUSING way everrrr, through tons of neighborhoods, so we thought we were gonna have a heck of a time finding our way out of there... then when we left I took 2 turns & got onto a road I was familiar with. haha) and saw my uncles new house & visited with everyone. My other uncle, Tony, was there with his son that we haven't seen in YEARS, we hardly recognized him! And also his new girlfriend that we have never met & her 2 kids. (this uncle is also the one who's daughter just had the baby) Everyone loved Bransyn & wanted to hold him. And grandma kept telling them all the funny stuff that he had been doing the past few days, haha. Ray's girlfriend made some taco soup with cheese quesadilla's & salsa that were sooo nummy! Then they did all the birthday stuff, presents & all that jazz. At about 3:00, we still had stuff to do so we had to leave to head over to the Fashion Place Mall to go to Build-A-Bear & meet up with my friend Karisha. And I have to say, I am amazed at how well I still know how to get around Salt Lake! I haven't lived there for almost 10 years, & only go there maybe once or twice a year! I did google for a map, but the only thing I had to look at it for was to get the exit number. So anyways, we get there & we're driving around foreverrrrr trying to find a dang parking space! That place was sooo packed, it was crazy. We finally find one & head in. Then I had nooo idea where the Build-A-Bear was at in there! haha. So I tried looking for a directory, but couldn't find one. So I went one way & luckily, it was the right way cause we found it pretty quick! haha. Karisha wasn't there yet, so while we were waiting one of the workers explained to us how the whole thing worked, since we have never been there before.



Then we just looked around for a bit....



And took a few pictures (:



Then when they got there, we got started! I tried to let Bransyn choose which animal he wanted to do, and he pointed to a bear.... but he already has soooo many bears. So I had him try again. But then he pointed to a reallly girly looking cat (he LOOOVES cats) so that one was a no-go, too! haha. So we settled on a cute little puppy, since he loves doggy's (:

Got our winner ;)



Waiting to stuff 'em.



The heart we chose out to put inside of him.



Officially making his first Build-A-Bear (orrr, dog! haha) She let me choose how hard or soft we wanted him to be... so I just said in between. Then she turned the switch & had me put my foot on the peddle thingy to begin stuffing him (B's too small to do it, so he couldn't. But he liked watching. Next time we got he'll be older & understand what he's doing, so he can do it :)


Then she had us take the heart that we chose, rub it between my hands, rub it on his head & make a wish... then stuck it inside of the dog before she sewed him up!



Then we got to go 'wash' him. Which was cute... it's only air that comes out of there, but makes a noise like you're really giving them a bath (:



Then we got to brush him... although, at first Bransyn wanted to brush his own hair! hahah



Then we chose his outfit. I don't have a picture of the outfit before we put it on him, but it's a baseball uniform thingy. But Karisha said that we should of got some undies like these to stick on him ;) hahah



& last, we had to name him & get everything in there for his 'Birth Certificate'





Bransyn with the finished product, his new friend 'Patch' !

(These pictures were actually taken the next day when I finally had the chance to do them, but I didn't want to post them out of order :)







After we got done in there, we went out to get a few pictures.
This is Karisha's adorable little girl, Emma! Who by the way, is Bransyn's future girlfriend/wife ;)


And a picture of the mama's & baby's (:


Then me, Ash, & B just walked around the mall for a while. I was trying to find a Valentines outfit for Bransyn to wear the next day, & also one of those books that you record yourself reading for playback, from Hallmark. But I could not find them in ANY of the Hallmark stores (which I found out was because every store was sent wayyyyyy less then they ordered! BOOO!) But I did finally find a cuuuuute outfit for Mr. B. I was also looking for some cute headbands & bows for my hair, but didn't have much luck! So we just decided to leave & go back to my grandparents house. When we got there, no one was there & they weren't answering their cell phones. But it was getting late & we were hungry, so we decided to go find something to eat. And once again, we wanted something that we don't have here... so we drove around for a freaking HOUR trying to to find somewhere. Went to Jordan Landing, & the only places we were really interested in were PACKED. So we drove over to Taylorsville and finally decided on Texas Roadhouse (we do have one here, but we were sick of trying to find somewhere! haha) But when we got there, there were a BILLION people just outside of the doors. & there was also not a single parking space. Sooo, we had to find somewhere else to go... again. Luckily, we found a Sconecutter pretty quick & just went there, since they are soooo yummy & the one here closed :( We got our food & headed back to grandma's once again. Got there, & ate our food. Me & Ash both got a club sandwich & fries, and I got Bransyn a grilled cheese sandwich with 'smiley fries' & fruit snacks. Well, he was tired so he wasn't in the best mood. Surprisingly, he did eat some of his food... but he saw me dipping my fries in fry sauce & flipped out! I tried helping him dip his fries, but that did not make him any happier. So I finally just gave him the whole thing of fry sauce & this is what he did :


Still being a grouch for a minute... but then...


He started drinking it right up! hahaha. Such a silly guy. And doing it so propper as well, with his pinky up ;)
After we were done eating, I cleaned Bransyn off & put him to bed. I decided to wait until the morning to give him a bath... since he was already being a butthead! haha. Then me & Ash went & watched TV for a while & I looked at some of the million pictures my grandma has. After awhile, my grandparents came home, from being at the hospital with my cousin. Grandpa went to bed with the dogs, but grandma came in & watched TV for a bit with us, & told us what was goin on with my cousin & her new baby! After 2 episodes of 'House' I could hardly keep my eyes open! So it was off to bed for meee! (:
It was another really fun day & totally glad we did what we did!
He'll have this doggy forever! Which, by the way, was his Valentines present... just a day early!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment