Monday, June 21, 2010

The Hogle Zoo!

We finally made it to the zoo!!! I have been wanting to take Bransyn since the day he was born! haha. So when I made the Salt Lake trip plans, I made sure we could make it to the zoo one day! We went on Friday, & it was a pretty perfect day to go (: It was sunny, but not tooo super hot! I think I was the most excited one to go! haha. I haven't been there since I was little little, so it was really fun to go back.

I totally remember drinking out of this when I was little ;) And being suuuper scared to stick my head in there, cause I always thought it was gonna close on me! haha



The first animals we saw, were lotttts & lots of monkeys! there were seriously SO many different kinds there! This was only one part though, there were a bunch more in other parts of the zoo! Since B knows what a monkey is & what they say, he thought it was pretty cool to see real ones (:




Our little family (:



Than we saw the Elephant. Yes, only ONE! I was pretty bummed about that, since they have a new little baby one, named Zuri, but she wasn't out :( Bransyn could not take his eyes off of this one, though! I love elephants though, so even though there was only one, it was still awesome!



These giraffes were so cute & funny! At first (this is kinda gross, but soooo hilarious!) the male one was like sniffing the females behind. And all of a sudden, she just starts peeing! hahah. He pulled his head up & made the BEST face! After that, they were all cuddly & stuff! It was way cute (:


This leopard just kept pacing back & forth in front of this window. It was kinda sad that he was so bored that that's all he was doing, but funny at the same time.


These alligators (or crocodiles? I can't tell the difference! haha) were HUGE! I was really hoping to see the albino one that they had there, but I found out later that it was only there for a couple months a few years ago. I guess it just goes around to different zoo's all the time, it doesn't belong to just one. Ohhhh well (:


B-Man had so much fun on the Merry-Go-Round! He didn't want to get off! I seriously wish we had one here, cause both times that he's gone on them, he loved it!


Unfortunately, this was the only 'big' monkey that we saw. The orangutan was either gone, or hiding. But he was still really cool (: & the crazy thing is, there was just a random peacock in his exhibit with him! haha.






He loves the choo choo!





My little turtle ;)







{for some reason all of my pictures didn't upload, but most of them are on facebook if you wanna see more!}


Although we had a fun time, I was pretty bummed that there were a bunch of animals hiding, or too far up in their exhibit that we couldn't see them too well! There were also a TON of animals that weren't even there. No Zebras, Lions, Bears, (they are in the middle of making a new underwater exhibit where the bears usually are, so they had none) Chimps, Jaguars, or Hippo's. The tigers, rhino's, kangaroo's, wolfs, & a few other things were up really far so we couldn't really see them that well. I don't even remember all the ones that were hiding completely. It seems like a lot of their animals are getting old & dying. The camels looked really sick for some reason, I felt bad for them! I wish they would of had more 'sea' creatures, or whatever they would be called, like sea lions! Even the penguins were reallly boring. Didn't move an inch! haha. And I remember when I went when I was little, they had a petting zoo, that is no longer there.
Wow, I promise we really did have a good time with the animals we DID see, though (: I just hope next time there's more to see ;) Cause I would definitely like to take B back sometime!

1 comment:

  1. aw.
    looks fun, i wish emma and i could of gone with!
    my life has been so busy and lame lately i swear i never do anything.

    ReplyDelete