Thursday, February 18, 2010

He's got money in the bannnnnnk!

Last January, Bransyn got a piggy bank as a late Christmas present. Since then, we have been putting any spare change we get into it. Whether it be coins, or dollar bills that I didn't need. He also got a $10 bill for his birthday from his grandpa & a $1 bill from my grandpa Meadows for his ONE year (: So I stuck those in there as well.

Well this little piggy was getting quite heavy, so I decided to count it & see how much money Mr. B has to his name.





It literally took me half an hour just to SORT the change.
Then another 45 minutes to count it all!



The total came out to $181.01


I know that's not a whole lot for a year, but from most of it being from just spare change that I have, I think it's pretty good!

I would like to open a savings account for him to put this money (& whatever money goes into the piggy in the future) into to save it up for when he's older, so hopefully I'll get that done soon.

3 comments:

  1. I did that with Addi's piggy bank this year too - I let her take the money down to the bank and open her very own savings account she was so excited and thinks it's now fun to save! :) I'm sooooo grateful for that - we decided to make this a tradition every year after Christmas we'll empty it out and take what's there to the bank.... she'll probably fight me when she's older but it's a good idea right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scuze Me... But I think Mr. B's Little Piggy bank made a mess on the carpet!!! TEE HEE!!

    Josh and I have a piggy for mister Daxton also, that i got from my Baby shower.. (already full of money.) and little by little we stick some coins in there. Well we've taken all of this, and opened a savings acount for him at our bank, and made it like a 5 year plan, where we cannot touch the money, and it builds like a 2% interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scuze Me... But I think Mr. B's Little Piggy bank made a mess on the carpet!!! TEE HEE!!

    Josh and I have a piggy for mister Daxton also, that i got from my Baby shower.. (already full of money.) and little by little we stick some coins in there. Well we've taken all of this, and opened a savings acount for him at our bank, and made it like a 5 year plan, where we cannot touch the money, and it builds like a 2% interest!

    ReplyDelete